These Puff Pastry Breakfast Hand Pies have the quintessential breakfast combination of sausage, egg and cheese. Sometimes you just need some classic comfort food. This recipe is very easy to make, and this is a fun and exciting way to use puff pastry for breakfast.
Serves: 10 hand pies (up to 8-12, depending on the size of puff pastry sheets you use)
Author: The Work Top
- oil (for cooking)
- 3 large sausages links (or 200 grams / 7 ounces of sausage meat)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 medium egg - additional, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper (plus extra for topping)
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds (plus extra for topping)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - adjust to taste according to the type of sausage links you use
- 1-2 sheets puff pastry sheet (320 grams / 11 oz, depending on the brand you use) - thawed and ready to use
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/ 220°C.
You can visit theworktop.com for full instructions.